Monday, November 2, 2009

My Miami



I spent a weekend in Miami with some great friends and on the drive back to Naples, I contemplated why I was so excited to tell people about my great time.  I have never been one to sing the praises of Miami.  It has always given me anxiety over the money I spent on food and drinks, the need to join a gym after seeing everyone in their tight, barely there clothing and extreme exhaustion from the night before.  That was when I realized that for the first time ever, I had ACTUALLY enjoyed a weekend in Miami.  I have put together a list from experience and research of some wonderful places in Miami:


SHOP:
Books and Books
927 Lincoln Road


South Pointe Park
1 Wahsington Avenue


Bal Harbour Shops
9700 Collins Avenue


CoCo Walk
3015 Grand Avenue
EAT:
Red Fish Grill
9610 Old Cutler Road


Prime Blue Grille
15 Biscayne Bay Boulevard


Burgers & Beer Joint
1766 Bay Road


Sushi Samba
600 Lincoln Road


Casa Tua
1700 James Avenue


STAY: (I may be a little biased)
The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne


The Ritz-Carlton South Beach
Play:
For a Break from the South Beach Atomosphere:
Purdy Lounge
1811 Sunset Harbor Drive


For a True Miami Experience:
Nikki Beach Restaurant and Bar
1 Ocean Drive


For the Jazz Lover:
Jazid
1342 Washington Avenue


For the Daring Rock Star
Tobacco Road
626 S. Miami Avenue


Everyone has their own opinions, but these are few of my favorite Miami things.

No comments:

Post a Comment